The Executive Committee provides ongoing leadership for PA NEN, advancing the policies, guidelines and activities adopted by the Board, in support of the mission, goals and objectives of PA NEN. You must have served at least 2 years on the Board and be an active Board member to be considered. Members are elected from the Board.
- Communicating monthly with the ME Office.
- Noting changes from FNS and progress of any requests submitted.
- Continued recruiting of new members.
- Monitoring of the use and efficiency of the PA NEN website and databases.
- Providing feedback on the Annual Conference and summer workshops.
- Overseeing the work of the Strategic Directions Committee.
- Ensuring that the current strategic plan is being carried out.
- Keeping abreast of the progress of the Social Marketing Committee as it continues
- Attending to nominating needs of the Executive Committee and Board.
- Making sure the PA NEN Bylaws are current, updated, and being followed.
To advance the policies, guidelines and activities adopted by the Board, in support of the mission, goals and objectives of PA NEN.
The committee meets monthly. Meetings occur on the first Wednesday of every month via conference call.
2019 - 2020 Executive Committee
Susan Cubbage - Co-Chair, Fulton County Food Basket
Muffin Friedman - Co-Chair, Retired
Karima N. Rose - Past chair, Freelance/Consultant
Carolyn Gilles, Past Chair, Retired, PSU Cooperative Extension
Bob Roebuck, Retired Chef, Volunteer Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
Karima Rose, Past Chair, The Food Trust
Serina Gaston, PA NEN, Executive Director (Ex-Officio)
Are you interested in joining the PA NEN Board? If so, please complete our this webform.