Salsa by presenter & social media dietitian - Amanda D. Nutrition!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (about the size of the corn can)
- Recipe Makes: 4 servings
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chilies*
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Serve with tortilla chips or on top of meat***
- Open all cans, drain and rinse.
- Dump into large bowl.
- Mix and serve with tortilla chips.
- Optional: This salsa goes great over chicken and fish.
- Reminder: Because it has both a grain (corn) and a legume (black beans), along with a vegetable (tomatoes); this can actually be a meal itself!
* If you do not have a can of tomato and chilies, try a can of diced tomatoes or fresh tomatoes and a teaspoon of hot sauce.
** It will cost more if you use a lime, cilantro, cumin, or meat.
***If you can get other ingredients through the Farmers Market Nutrition Program, try peppers and onions.
1/4 of recipe:
- 230 Calories, 2 g. Fat, 0 g. Saturated Fat, 380 mg. Sodium, 47 g. Carbohydrates, 11 g. Fiber and 11 g. Protein
Check the ingredients list on the cans in this recipe for any foods you might be allergic to.
Do not serve to kids 2- 4 years old, or puree all of the ingredients together.