A sweet take on a classic chicken salad!
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Recipe Makes: 6 servings
- 1 10-ounce can of chicken, drained (or 1 whole, skinless chicken breast; or 6 skinless drumsticks; or 2 legs, cooked and chopped)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise* (or plain yogurt**)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or table syrup)
- 1 cup apples, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup onions, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well
- Put the salad in a sandwich or wrap in lettuce.
2/3 cup provides:
- 130 Calories, 9 g. Fats, 2 g. Saturated Fats, 280 mg. Sodium, 9 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Fiber, 4 g. Protein
This recipe contains eggs and milk.
*Mayonnaise contains eggs. If you are allergic, you can switch 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise for 2 tablespoons of yogurt. You can also choose an egg-free or vegan option.
**If you are allergic to milk-based yogurt, use mayonnaise or creamy salad dressing.
For kids 2-4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Cut ingredients in this recipe into half inch pieces or smaller.
- Take the skin off the apple.
- Remove raisins from the salad.