This zesty recipe offers bold flavors and three different kinds of beans!
- Serving Size: 1 and 1/3 cup
- Recipe Makes: 4 servings
- 1 8.5-ounce can lima beans
- 1 8-ounce can green beans
- 1 8-ounce can red kidney beans
- 1 onion (medium, thinly sliced and separated into two rings)
- 1/2 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 bottle of fat-free Italian salad dressing (about 8-ounces)
- Wash hands and cooking area.
- Drain the canned beans.
- Peel, slice the onion and separate into rings.
- In a large bowl, combine the lima beans, green beans, kidney beans, onion rings, and bell pepper.
- Pour the Italian dressing over the vegetables, and toss lightly.
- Cover the bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour. The salad can be left in the refrigerator over night.
- Drain before serving.
1 and 1/3 cup provides:
- 170 Calories, 0 g. Fats. 0 g. Saturated Fats, 690 mg. Sodium, 35 g. Carbohydrates, 8 g. Fiber, 7 g. Protein
This dish is not recommended for kids under the age of 4. The whole beans and green beans are choking hazards.