Pears fill a celery pod. Mmmm...delicious!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Recipe Makes: 4 servings
- 4 celery stalks (cleaned and cut into 3-inch long pieces)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, nut butter or seed butter*
- 2 pears (peeled, cored and cut into half-inch chunks)
- Spread the nut or seed butter into the center of the celery pieces.
- Place the pear chunks on top of the nut or seed butter.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy with your friends.
1/4 of recipe provides:
- 239 Calories, 16 g. Fats. 3 g. Saturated Fats, 161 mg. Sodium, 20 g. Carbohydrates, 5 g. Fiber, 8 g. Protein
This recipe contains peanuts and tree nuts.
*If you are allergic to peanuts, choose from these nut butter spreads: almond, and cashew or allergy-friendly soy, pumpkin, and sunfl ower seed butter.
For kids 2- 4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Cook celery until it’s soft, so you can pierce it with a fork. Then, cut it into sticks.
- Mix in applesauce with peanut butter to spread thinly on the celery.
*Picture from Pinterest.com